BCChickens1

BCChickens1
Photo credit: Tracy Halladay

Monday, May 7, 2012

New Nest Boxes

Well, as promised, I hijacked a friend and together we built new nest boxes for the ladies.  I think I made them a little too big.  The chickens don't seem to mind but I don't look how the inside of the hen house looks now.  I just have them propped up in place but need to come up with a more permanent way of having them in place.
Gluing and Stapling the walls in place


Adding some blocking to keep wood chips in place

Finished product

Henriette was the first to try out and christen the box

Sam quickly took her place.
By the way, the studly friend who helped me build these is the same one who created my wonderful Brigham City Chickens sign that you see at the top of the page!  THANKS HOWIE.

No comments:

Post a Comment