BCChickens1

BCChickens1
Photo credit: Tracy Halladay

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Checkups for your Chickens

I just spent a couple weeks at two different youth camps.  It was a great way to enjoy the summer.  I did miss  my hens though while I was gone.  I got so desperate, I found myself trying to lure seagulls to eat from my hand while at the beach at Bear Lake.  One brave bird would fly by me and I would toss a piece of bread in the air and he would grab it.  That was fun.


I just read a great article with photos titled "9 Point Comb to Toe Checkup and DIY Antiseptic Ointment" on how to monitor the health of your chickens.


The article outlines 9 things to look for when analyzing their health.  You can find it at the following websitehttp://communitychickens.blogspot.com/2012/07/9-point-comb-to-toe-chicken-check-up.html#.UA_-PKOO4_g

It has lots of good information!

No comments:

Post a Comment